Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mother's Day

Sunday, May 11, 2014

I have to start my post by wishing a Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mom and my awesome mother-in-law Jane.  We truly don't know where we'd be in our lives without the two of you.  You are our rocks and we couldn't ask for better "mama's" for our kiddos - we love you!!!!

So we started our morning with my sweet kiddos bringing me gifts in bed.  Lauren wrote a wonderful story about me being her hero - I will seriously treasure that forever.  Aidan made me a beautiful card at school too and he picked me out a card from the store.  They also got me a pretty new robe and PJ's - love it!  After church we went to a little coffee house in Cottleville I've been wanting to try, VB's Chocolate Bar.  I had a fantastic brown sugar latte and Shawn and the kids split a black cherry soda.
Waiting for his black cherry soda.  He was supposed to have a baseball game, but it ended up getting canceled because the field were too wet.

Check out the cute hand-drawn sign at VB's Chocolate Bar - I think we'll have to come back and try some of their yummy sounding ice cream!

For breakfast we stayed in Cottleville and went to Bemo's for brunch.  It was so good - you should have seen all the food Aidan ate!

Ah, holding hands - these moments don't happen often anymore, so I have to appreciate them when they do (and capture them on camera!)

We then went over to Shawn's mom's house for the rest of the day.  Unfortunately I ended up getting a horrible migraine and only got to stay about 30 minutes before I had to go home and sleep the rest of the day :(  Not really the way I wanted to spend the rest of the day, but Shawn and the kids were able to spend a lot of time that day at Jane's house.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!




No comments: