Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Mud and Blood

April 28, 2014

Nothing like starting the day with a dog that got under the deck and wouldn't come out!  He was a huge ball of mud!  There are bunnies living under the deck and he will do anything to get to them (including digging holes, tearing off lattice, moving flower pots that we thought would block the opening - you get the picture)!

I was dressed for work, so there was no way I was touching him.  Luckily Shawn fetched him out from under the deck and was able to give him a bath that morning.

The only good thing about working for a sports team and having them leave the playoffs early, is that you get a few days where you can leave work a bit early.  Today was one of them, so the kids were super excited when I showed up at school to pick them up early.
Yeah!  Mommy picked us up early today!

We went home and the kids were able to play outside.  They were practicing baseball/softball, when in they came yelling that Lauren was bleeding.  Yep, Aidan was pitching to her and she got hit in the nose with the ball.  I was so proud of her though, no tears or anything.  She just cleaned it up.
After this photo her nose stopped bleeding and she told me, "mom, I'm ok, I'm a tough girl, I'm going back out and playing."  Ha - love it!

This would be my nutty husband cutting onions for dinner.  He claims the goggles don't make his eyes tear up - makes me laugh.  He made an awesome shrimp and crawfish etouffee.  Seriously, so good - I love having a hubby that can cook!


No comments: