Monday, May 18, 2009

Last week was a fun and busy week as usual. On Wednesday, May 13 we had the Child of God end of the year picnic at Dames Park in O'Fallon. The kids had a lot of fun. When we first got there, her little friends Anna and William (aka "yum yum" or "yimian) came running up going "Lauren's here, Lauren's here." First friendships are so cute. We ate hot dogs, chips and cookies and the kids got to run around on the playground. Aidan loved going down the slide and he did really good. Last summer he was too scared to go down, but he now loves it - my little dare devil. One of the mom's that helped with Lauren's Race for Education said she was so cute that day. I guess each time they'd finish a lap they would get their card punched. Well Lauren wanted each of the volunteers there to punch her card multiple times for one lap and of course no one could tell her no! So, not sure exactly how many laps she actually did! When it was time to go Lauren gave her friend Anna a big hug and then they gave each other a kiss - how cute is that????





Thursday night I took Lauren to Factory Card Outlet to look for decorations for her party. She had so much fun and was soooo good. I explained that we weren't taking the balloons home yet and that we couldn't play with the things we bought and she totally got it. We organized everything when we got home and she hasn't even asked to play with it. She was so sweet when we got home - she goes - "thank you mommy for all my presents for my princess party." So sweet and she just can't wait until the party. Hope it lives up to all her expectations.

On Friday Shawn and I went to a trivia night for one of his friends kids soccer team. This was my type of trivia! I called it trivia night for dummies because we actually knew a lot of the answers and didn't come in last place! I also won a spa basket with some gift certificates and things - it was a good night!

Saturday started out with a slightly hung over mommy taking Lauren to dancing school. The girls showed us their routine and they are doing really good. Her teacher also gave us a sheet with the words and steps on it, so we'll be sure to start practicing at home. Lauren and I then ran several errands - St. Charles Decorating Center and Costco - and then home for a nap!




Sunday was my day to get things done around the house. I painted our front door - still not sure if I like the color, but it is growing on me. I think I picked the coldest day of the last couple weeks to leave the door standing open for 12 hours - we were all bundles up in pants, sweatshirts and blankets! I also hung a picture over the fireplace, reorganized by ladder bookshelves, redid the shelves in the foyer and started to hang some pictures over my bed, but got frustrated b/c they weren't straight, so I'll have to get back to that another day. We also took a break in the morning for some breakfast at Cracker Barrel - yummy! Then that night Shawn and the kids went to his parent's for dinner.

Tonight is Lauren's gymnastics recital - fingers crossed that she actually performs and doesn't freak out!

1 comment:

MawMaw Judy said...

Jennifer,

I love your blog and all the updates each week. It is such fun to hear about all the exciting activities of the Nevins Family. It is much better than any sitcom on the tube! I appreciate your efforts to keep us posted on all the exciting new things, wonderful accomplishments, and amusing "trials" that you all encounter each day. Although I already know most of your updates, I still enjoy reading the blog. Thanks - I appreciate your efforts to keep us posted.

Love,
Mom (a.k.a., MawMaw Judy)